A study by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development revealed that 47% of UK workers are concerned about catching COVID-19 at work.
COVID-19 has posed one of the largest threats to public health in a generation, therefore we understand the apprehension experienced by many returning to the workplace.
Here at Clean Sweep, we set ourselves the highest standards in our own work and we are also happy to help inform others on what they can do to stay safe. To ease workplace anxiety, we recommend that employers implement a number of precautions.
The coronavirus can transfer from people to surface – and back to people. Therefore, it is essential that all businesses clean their facilities thoroughly to minimize the risk of transfer.
Each business will be in a different situation regarding risk assessment, and as such all of our staff are specially trained and we can advise on a bespoke service depending on each company’s needs.
Consider what are the most frequently touched surfaces in the workplace. These will include:
- Work surfaces like desks, platforms and workstations
- Handles on doors, windows, rails, dispensers and water coolers
- Common areas like toilets, reception, changing rooms, corridors and lifts
- Vehicle handles, steering wheels, seat belts and internal surfaces
- Control panels for machinery, control pads and switches
- Computer keyboards, printers, touch screens, monitors and phones
- Taps, kettles, water heaters, fridges, microwaves and cupboards
- Shared equipment like tools, machines, vehicles, pallet trucks and delivery boxes
- Post and goods coming in or being shopped out
It is then time to look at the frequency of cleaning. This depends on the nature of the workplace and number of staff, but we would certainly recommend upping the frequency of cleaning as well as getting staff to take extra responsibility for certain things.
We would recommend external specialist cleaners visit at least twice a week and do a deeper clean every two weeks at a minimum.
On top of the usual methods of cleaning, we have invested in specialist chemicals and equipment that can be used to neutralise viruses. We have also invested in several ‘fogging’ machines, portable devices that emit a fine sanitising spray into the air, covering every surface with a virus-killing chemical.
These chemicals offer no risk to humans, do not cause allergies and are very effective at sterilising surfaces of any type. We would recommend doing this before reopening workplaces and also doing additional cleans if any cases of coronavirus are suspected.
We are happy to speak to any business that is worried about COVID-19’s impact on their workplace. Our bespoke service is completely tailored to your needs, and we deliver a professional service to the highest of standards, every time.
Get in touch on 07717 303777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org